Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Singapore Adventure: Kwentuhan Muna

I am happily reading again. Hehehe... And yesterday I finally finished the last few pages of Mga Kwento ni Lola Basyang by Severino Reyes. I started reading the book when I was still back home but only found the time to finish it here during the 30-minute train rides to and from work.

The book is written in Filipino and was printed in large font so it was easy to read. The Filipino used is a bit too "Filipino" for me but it was a pleasant experience. Not only was I entertained, I was also given a chance to rehash my Tagalog. Hehe...

The book is a compilation of Lola Basyang's most loved short stories. Mostly about adventure, magic, and mystery. Were there love stories? Most of the stories in this compilation had a "love angle". Some even ending in the cliche "happily ever after" tone.
My favorite short story from this one is "Ang Mahiwagang Kuba" (The Magical Hunchback?). I even shared the story with my Prince Cookie during one of our Skype sessions and he (seems) to have enjoyed it as well. ;)

So, Mga Kwento Ni Lola Basyang is a wrap. Moving on. :)

0 Cookie Thoughts: