Friday, July 20, 2007

Singapore Adventure: Successful Little Experiment

What do you do with two chicken drumsticks in your fridge? Well, they are two of the three chicken drumsticks I bought from the grocery. The missing one, I already had for dinner last night, plain and boring fried chicken drumstick. So, what can we do to make these two little drumsticks happy...?

Make chicken tinola! Hehehe...


I got the recipe from the internet. Simple, quick and easy.

In warm oil, put onions and ginger. Add some patis when the onion becomes translucent. Put in the chicken. Then add water. In my case, I put some rice washing. Then put in the sliced sayote. Too bad there's no talbos ng sili or malunggay here, or maybe I just don't know where to look or how to ask for it. Bring to a boil until chicken and veggie look edible. Hahaha... :D

A little taste test to check if I can tolerate eating it or if I have to throw it away. I just need to remember how it tastes when my Mama prepares it. And I am proud to say, my little experiment was a big success!!! Woohoo!!! Hehehe...

I can hardly believe I pulled it off. That's another check mark on my list of cooking experiments. My Mama will be proud. ;)

0 Cookie Thoughts: