Thursday, August 30, 2007
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Friday, August 24, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Day Three was spent trying on clothes. Clothes are expensive to buy here and most of what hangs on the display windows doesn't fit my taste. I got some items from Meg, Unica Hija, and other shops we only have at home.
A quick but uberly filling Max's lunch before preparing for my flight back to Singapore. We had chicken, kare-kare, crispy pata, sweet and sour fish fillet, lumpia, all the good stuff at Max's. Hehe... And here we were smiling with full tummies.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
I'll be home in a couple of hours, so you won't be seeing any new post for the remainder of the week. ;)
Can't wait to see my Cookie. :)
Monday, August 6, 2007
This time, it's sausage and leftover maling (luncheon meat). And the fun part, I was not the only one to enjoy the fantastic and wonderful Eureka 2!!! Eric, my housemate, had a taste of it, as well. And so far, no upset tummies. Hahaha...
So, do not underestimate the power of a hungry tummy. Because, I, too, am often surprises with the stuff I can cook up. Hehe...
Sunday, August 5, 2007
1. I can eat (Philippine) green mango anytime of day. I remember this one occasion when I was still in college and in the process of completing the thesis. I stayed at my teammates home for a couple of months since I still was computer-less then. One night, I got hunger pangs and had only found green mangos on the dinner table. I downed it without blinking at 2 in the morning.
2. I can hardly stand the sight of lizards (all shapes and sizes), frogs, and snakes, for the plain and simple reason that I hate looking at their tongues sticking out. So gross. Really. Now you don't have to wonder why we don't have photos of the Reptile exhibits from the Singapore Zoo. And the pictures the Cookies took at the Crocodile farm had Princess Cookie faking a grin.
3. I don't eat canned corned beef. However, if it is the only edible food left on the planet, I think I would still eat it. But as long as I get a choice, no to corned beef. Why don't I eat corned beef...? Just because.
4. I only get a haircut once a year, usually at the start of the year. I enjoy watching my hair grow. That's why. I cut shoulder length around January or February, and let it grow. By the time I get another haircut the following year, my hair has almost reached waist length. My hair grows fast so I have no qualms cutting it short drastically. Photos taken in 2004-2005. Published in my ex-blog.
5. I always use bookmarks for my books. I hate seeing books getting "dog ears". I take pity on the book if I see people doing this. That's why the bookmark came into being to be used for this purpose, right? No to "dog-ears"!!!
6. I love taking photos that are senseless just for the heck of taking pictures. Hehehe... These are some snapshots I took of "normal day" Singapore with my Motorola L7.
Let the shopping begin! Yay! :D We stopped by Toys 'R Us just to have a look around. And look at the nice overhead display at the Educational Toys section. My Cookie will love it had he been there. Hehehehe... Space fan. :D
We did I buy in this shopping spree? Well, a portable 160 GB hard disk at Challenger, a jacket from Esprit, a travel wallet from Samsonite, lots of chocolates from Candy Empire, and some cutie stuff from Mini Toons.
At around 4:30 pm, we headed for home. A quick stop at Compass Point to get the Chinese Deli my Mama and sis requested for. And all have been crossed out off my pasalubong list. Yay!
I can't wait to be home. :D
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Thursday, August 2, 2007
I have stared at it, long and hard. Pondering if it is the right time to let it fulfill its purpose for being. It was a gruelling minute, take it now and be done with it, or prolong the agony of craving for the taste of pinipig polvoron. Aarrggh...
I couldn't take it anymore... I snatched it from my night stand, ripped the wrapper and downed it in 30 seconds. Relief. Hehehe...
Sad. I became attached to that last piece of Goldilocks Pinipig Polvoron. Often dreaming of how it has that "just enough" sweetness, and the crunchy pinipig bits. *drool*
But on the bright side, I will soon come to possess a hefty stock of that good stuff. Hehe..
Only 6 days left to Cookie time! Yay!!!