Thursday, April 3, 2008

Singapore Adventure: Cabbage and Carrot Sauté

The Cookies are trying for a healthier diet. Well, the pounds just kept on adding. Not a good sign. Tsk tsk...

So, tonight is Sinigang na Hipon night. But, aside from this, the leftover raw chinese cabbage and carrots has to be cooked already. Just letting them sit in the cold fridge is such a waste.

And this is what I made of them - Cabbage and Carrot Sauté. It is for my packed lunch for tomorrow, but if my Cookie wants it, well, what my Cookie wants my Cookie gets. ;)

After all, it's so tasty-looking even just on the photo, how can he resist it. ^_^

What's in it? Chinese cabbage strips, shredded carrots, garlic, onion, shrimp cubes, oyster sauce, soy sauce, a little canola oil, and salt, sugar and pepper to taste.
How it's made? Heat up some oil (come to think of it, I should have used sesame seed oil, too late now). Sauté chopped onions and garlic. Add the vegetables. Add some oyster sauce and soy sauce. Dissolve the shrimp broth cubes in hot water and pour over veggie mixture. Mix 'em up. Salt, sugar and pepper to taste.



0 Cookie Thoughts: