Monday, September 26, 2011

Challenge Entry: 365 Cards - Day 209 - Super Sketchy Sunday

Here is my take on the latest sketch over at 365 Cards Challenge blog. :)


Zoom in to Barefoot Amy...


** TOP TIP **

Before I apply any stamped image on a layout, I would initially do a trial/test stamping on a scrap sheet of paper/cardstock.  This ensures that I am using the most appropriate shade of ink that works best with my layout.  And also this lets me practice on the correct pressure that I should apply when stamping to make sure that all the details of my stamp is transferred on to the layout.


Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned Paper: Martha Stewart
Digi Image: Crafty Sentiments Design - Barefoot Amy
Stamped Image: American Crafts
Stamped Sentiment: Hero Arts
Ink: Versafine Crimson Red, Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid
Ribbon: American Crafts
Puncher: EK Success

Here is the original sketch ...



Other challenges this card is entered in ...
1. 2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Challenge 58 - Gingham or Plaid
2. Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge 51 - 1 for the Kids
3. Lollipop Crafts - Challenge 50 - Anything Goes
4. Go Fish - Challenge #1 Anything Goes


Leave me some love! Thanks for dropping by. :)

11 Cookie Thoughts:

Lisa Minckler said...

Love how your adorable image is sitting "off" the card. Gives a completely 3D look to it!
Your tip is ALWAYS excellent advice. Wish I would remember this more times than not..LOL.
Thank you so much for playing with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "1 For the Kids" challenge.
Good luck to you...
Lisa xx

Elaine Stark said...

She is sitting pretty. Lovely card. A great tip. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Anonymous said...

Cute love her sitting on the ribbon I did a card like that today! how funny!! Thanks coming to play with us this week for the one for the Kids Challenge @ Top Tip Tuesday and I hope you can come and play again soon, Hugs Samantha

Caroljenks said...

So cute - Love the papers and colours too.
Thanks for sharing your Top Tip with us too - I never remember to do this!

Thanks for joining in with our 'Kids' Challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

Carol x

Kate said...

This is so cute. Love it. Thank you so much for playing the GoFish! CHALLENGE with us.

Hugs,
kate

wifeycookie said...

Thank you all for dropping by! :)

C Stephens said...

Adorable card! Thank you for playing along with Go Fish!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What fun to think of the little girl sitting there hanging out,thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

Rose said...

how cute is this!!! love it :)

Manuela Navarro said...

Me encanta!!!un gran trabajo con el sketch

wendipooh13 said...

ohhh I love the scallops here on the card!! super cute!!