Friday, October 21, 2011

Challenge Entry: Take Wing

I've been practicing with colouring skin with Copics.  So far, I think I am making some improvements. :)

The image I have used on this, my Flutter By Wednesday #176 card entry for this week is the latest one I coloured.   Meet Flora from Crafty Sentiments Designs. :)


Colouring this image was a bit tedious since there are so many small details.  But I had fun colouring it and os it's time for a close up! :)  I only used the Copics on the skin and wings.  For the rest of the image, just my humble Pilot markers.  I left the eye area uncoloured as I don't know how to colour them. Hahaha... But I must say it works!


I am also entering my card to 365 Cards Day 234 - Opposite Day.  I do more of the monochromatic colour schemes when designing my cards.  Even in the way I dress, I'd usually go for just a solid coloured plain polo shirt.  So on this card, I used a "busy" background for my image, and that is Basic Grey's Hello Luscious Simply Grand.

My card also fits the criteria for this Friday's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays (use any medium to colour a stamped image).

The sentiment I used is also very appropriate for the image - "Take" WING, from Inkadinkado's Inspiration Lift clear stamps set.

Thanks for looking. ;)

5 Cookie Thoughts:

Virginia L. said...

DARLING card! I love the pretty colors and details! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Ooohhh lovely!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Michelle VP said...

Such a sweet card - love your shading and totally agree her eyes look great left white. :) Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday!

Hannah said...

Beautiful card. The coloring is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with 365 Cards :-)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Your coloring skills are outstanding! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!