Thursday, November 3, 2011

Challenge Entry: Once Upon a Sketch - November 1 2011

Here's my take on the latest OUAS sketch.

Journalling Criteria: This time you need to journal at least 2 SENTENCES on WHEN you started scrapping and WHY?

I started scrapping back in college, but at that time I literally used scraps to embellish my pages.  After I have finished school and started working, I didn't have much time on my hands anymore so I had to give up scrapping for a while.  It was only after I have met my hubby that I have reacquainted with the craft.  The eureka moment was that trip to Palawan in 2006, our first travel destination as an official couple! :)


Close up on the details - title and journaling.




Here's the LO recipe.
DP Base: Pebbles New Addition Adorable
DP : Pebbles New Addition Cutie Pie
Ribbon: American Crafts
Rhinestone Title: Me and My Big Ideas


Here's the original sketch.

I am also submitting my layout to the Bingo Challenge at Craft Your Passion.  I chose Flowers-FREE-Bling.




It's me,

13 Cookie Thoughts:

sandi said...

Oh this is so neat! Love all the blues and that pic is just fab! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Jeni O'Connor said...

What fabulous story to tell. Gorgeous pic. I love that it captures such a special moment.
Fab lo. Thanks for joining in our challenge at OUAS.

Jeni O'Connor said...

What fabulous story to tell. Gorgeous pic. I love that it captures such a special moment.
Fab lo. Thanks for joining in our challenge at OUAS.

Unknown said...

Jenny, love your story and your beautiful take on Nadia`s sketch! Awesome work! Thank you for playing along at OUAS!
Hugs ~Gerry~

Bente Fagerberg said...

Your photo is adorable. I am so glad you got your love back for scrapbooking! I know it's the best hobby/passion ever!!!
Your interpretation of the sketc is beautiful and the colours you chose are so soothing. thanks so much for playing along this fortnight at OUAS!

phamil said...

What a gorgeous and special photo!!! This is just beautiful! THank you for joining our challenge at OUAS!

Irma said...

That photo is just too cute- matching outfits in blue for you both :):)
Wonderful layout!
Thanks for joining us at OUAS this time around!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

OMG! You are both wearing blue!! I Love this photo! Beautiful layout!!I am happy you started scrapping again!!!Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!

Jodi said...

This is adorable - just lovely. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Hope to see more from you again soon!
Hugs,
Jodi

Irini said...

Such a bright joyful layout...love your reasons for scrapping!
Thanks for playing with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
irini

mahlin said...

oh I adore your journaling such a great story.. and great pic.. love the colors you´ve used.. Thanks for playing along with us over att OUAS ...

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Gorgeous work. LOVE your story and the picture is so pretty too. Thank you SO much fir playing along with us. THANKS!

Pamela said...

Love this layout!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at OUAS! :)