Thursday, December 20, 2007

Philippine Adventure: Day Two - Kumares @ Outback

19 December 2007, Wednesday

My first dinner out with friends was at the Outback Steakhouse in Glorietta 4 with my kumares. :)

We set it at 7 pm but I was already there at 6:30 pm. Well, with the thick crowd roaming the malls, I just couldn't stand it. So, I chose the lesser evil, sit in the restaurant surrounded with mouth-watering food. Hehehe...

When I got into the restaurant, I ordered for drinks right away. That 1.5 hours travel from Caloocan to Makati surely parched my mouth and throat and had my stress level soaring sky high. Imagine, I had to run after a bus, a common scene in Metro Manila roads. I know I used to do this stunt every morning to work before I went to SG, and that's for most of the 6 years I worked here. But being exposed to how organized SG transport is, exploring the roads of Metro Manila will take some getting used to again.

Okay, let's get to the part where I was sitting in a cozy booth at Outback Steakhouse. My drinks came, and I ordered for some Fried Calamari for starters. And it was still a good 45 minutes before all of my dinner buddies showed up. And it was like before again - good food, hearty laughter, and tons of chikahan! Sigh... I miss those days.



And we capped the night off with a delectable serving of Choco Thunder from Down Under. ^_^




0 Cookie Thoughts: