Monday, February 25, 2008

Singapore Adventure: Hurray for Tilda Swinton

Where did I first see Tilda Swinton? In Constantine where she played the role of the Archangel Gabriel. And I totally fell in love with her performance.



After that, I saw her in The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, where she convincingly played the role of the evil snow queen/witch Jada.



And now she's named winner of the 2008 Oscars Best Supporting Actress title. Wow! I think I must find a way to see her performance in that Michael Clayton movie.



I also learned that the Sweeney Todd movie also bagged an award for Best Art Direction. Too bad, Johnny Depp has still yet to win one of those statuettes in the Best Actor in a Leading Role race.

It's a dark, dark movie. But what do you expect with a Tim Burton-Johnny Depp collaboration? It is very interesting, though. With the singing, dancing, and bloody neck slashing. Bwahahaha!!!

Better luck next time, J.D.! I will always root for you!



Congratulations to the winners!


Tonight, I hope to catch the Oscars Night rerun on MediaCorp 5.




0 Cookie Thoughts: