Thursday, February 14, 2008

Singapore Adventure: Unpacked

Since we have moved to the new house, which is already 3 months ago since 03 February, some of my things have remained packed in boxes. Well, I didn't see any purpose in unpacking when I really have no use for the items from the boxes. They might as well just be kept inside the boxes and away from dust or sunlight, right? But then, since there really isn't anything to do during the 4-day CNY holiday, I just went ahead and unpacked them.

Now, my books are neatly piled in the built-in bookshelves of the common room. Well, I don't have a lot. I didn't bring all of my books, just my favorite ones, and those that I have not yet read.

My favorite ones would include the "gift books" (very useful when I do journalling for my scrap pages and post cards), the Bob Ong books (extremely entertaining except for two - Bakit Baligtad and Alamat ng Gubat), the Mitch Albom books (tear jerkers), and my recent favorite, Adeline Yen Mah's Chinese Cinderella (truly heartwarming). There are also a couple of books which I brought along from home or bought here that I have not read yet such as Mitch Albom's For One More Day (bought here at Times), Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Of Love and Other Demons (bought from Philippines in August 2007), Paulo Coelho's The Zahir (birthday 2006 gift from college bud Khends) and The Devil and Miss Prym (Christmas 2007 gift from my cousin Rose).

Sigh, I hope this year I can finally push myself to read again. Maybe piling my books in the shelf will provide the motivation. ^_^

2 Cookie Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog.
if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"In love lies the seed of our growth. The more we love, the closer we are to the spiritual experience"

Have a nice day!

Aart

wifeycookie said...

Hi, Aart! Thanks for inviting me to Paulo Coelho's Goodreads group. Cheers!