Sunday, March 23, 2008

Singapore Adventure: Easter Sunday Brunch



I chanced upon this cooking show on local TV. The host of the show is a Chinese lady who is raised in (what seems like) London. She ventures on different Chinese cooking techniques. On the episode I saw, she prepares a "mixed rice" recipe of bacon, green peas and eggs. It's a fairly easy-to-follow recipe. And so for brunch on an Easter Sunday morning, I made my own version. ^_^







The recipe. Leftover rice, bacon (sliced thinly), frozen mixed veggies (carrot, green peas, corn kernel), eggs (beaten), light soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
The cooking procedure. Cook the beaten eggs first and set aside. This will be the last to go into the mixed rice. Throw in the bacon slices and cook until almost crispy. Add the frozen veggies. Stir until veggies are almost ready. Put in the left over rice. Mix them all up. Add the cooked eggs. Add some light soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
I put them in my pretty soup cups and they sure look appetizing. And as a matter of fact, it turned out quite tasty! ^_^

1 Cookie Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

A simple recipe that looks yummy. I take note of this one too. Still thinking of what to do with left over tuna and crabsticks and this recipe might just come in handy (I'll just replace the bacon with the seafood).