Thursday, May 22, 2008

Singapore Adventure: Eating Healthy

Well, at least we try... :D


This is what I did with the left over pechay from my Pork Nilaga recipe. I have missed this dish especially that which my Mama prepares. Sigh... Missing home. Sniff.
GUINISANG PECHAY

Have the ingredients ready - mince garlic, chopped onions and tomatoes, sliced up pechay. Heat up some oil in the pan. Combine garlic, onions and tomatoes. Sauté. Add some fish sauce. And the pechay, stems first and the leaves last as the leaves will cook faster. If it gets a little dry, add some water. Variations include adding some bits of pork, chicken or shrimps.



Not yet done with "test driving" my new indoor grill. And so, after that fun barbecue party I hosted for some friends last weekend, I found this nice (decent size) piece of bangus (milk fish) at Carrefour, Plaza Singapura.
GRILLED MILKFISH with STUFFING
For the stuffing, I chopped up some tomato and onions. Mixed them up in a bowl with a little sugar, salt and pepper.
I already asked the Auntie at the grocery to scale the fish and clean it. Once the stuffing is ready, just put them inside the slit of the milkfish. The stuffing might spill so what I do is sew up the fish. :)
Heat up and oil the grill, put in the fish. Let it cook. ^_^
The left over stuffing may be a nice side dish.

0 Cookie Thoughts: