Saturday, August 30, 2008

Philippine Adventure: Day 1 - Binatog!!!

Yes, I am back in Manila for 2 weeks. And I sure am looking forward to stuffing myself with the Pinoy foods I've terribly missed, go shopping til I drop, indulge in movie marathons with my Cookie, spending time with family and friends, and of course, get all the sleep I can get. Hehe...
Okay, here goes a quick recap of my Day 1 in Manila.
- o0o -
Touched down at the NAIA Terminal 3 at around 4 this morning. The so-called shiny and new Terminal 3 is, well, nothing but just a shiny and new terminal. Nothing note-worthy. No shops yet, but the new booths for the Immigrations Officers are quite impressive. Some sections are still closed and seemed unfinished. Inspite of these, the staff are quite pleasant and the experience is truly surprising based on previous observations. I am still in shock as a matter of fact. :)
A stop over at McDonald's in Greenbelt 1 for a dose of my favorite Longganisa Meal. Yum! Last time I had it, it only costed 69.00 PHP (around 2.00 SGD). Now, each serving costs 82.00 PHP. Tsk tsk... The bitter reality of inflation has hit my guilty pleasure.
After the nice breakfast with my Cookie, his Mom, Brother and Sister, we headed for home where my Mom and Brother are anticipating my arrival. At 8:00 a.m., my Sister is still sleeping, and I joined her after unpacking some of the pasalubong.
I was able to catch up on some sleep, and then lunch happened. I missed my Mom's cooking very much. We had mussels, which I haven't had for a long time. After lunch, we watched a Tagalog movie - One More Chance, starring Bea Alonzo and John Lloyd Cruz. Nice movie with a happy ending.
During the movie, I heard that all too familiar sound. Binatog!!! And I just can't help myself but indulge. Here's a snap to remind me of how nice it is when I return back to SG.

It rained a bit in the mid afternoon, and so we just opted to stay home. Hopefully, tomorrow will be more eventful.

0 Cookie Thoughts: