Thursday, January 1, 2009

Singapore Adventure: Happy New Year Cookies

We have managed to keep awake for the countdown to the new year with a little help from the telecast of the Marina Bay Countdown on Mediacorp 5. It was satisfactorily entertaining, but still not as engaging compared to the countdown shows we have in the Philippines. :P

For Noche Buena, I served Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Barbecued Pork Liempo, Boiled Ground Nuts and Corn on the Cob, and Leche Flan for dessert. It was not a big feast, but we all went welcomed 2009 with full bellies and happy tastebuds. :D

First day of 2009 and I thought of doing another of my kitchen experiments - Happy New Year Chocolate Chip Cookies. With my (almost) trusty toaster oven, I whipped up cookie recipe I got off the internet and just crossed my fingers hoping the finished product is (at least) edible. And it is, surprisingly. I just need to do some work around with the baking time.



INGREDIENTS:

2 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate chips

PROCEDURE:

1. Mix the first 4 ingredients.
2. In another bowl, mix the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract. Blend them well.
3. Fold in the flour mixture.
4. When everything is folded in, add the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon into cookie sheet. Leave some space to let the cookies rise.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Shorter baking time makes chewy cookies.
Happy New Year! ^_^

0 Cookie Thoughts: