Sunday, May 29, 2011

Singapore Adventure: Cravings Solved!

One of my favorite things in the world is Manggang Hilaw and Bagoong (Philippine Green Mangoes and Shrimp Paste).

Haven't been home in Manila for almost 6 months now, the craving is slowing creeping up to me.  I have no problems sourcing bagoong (shirmp paste) here as most shops at Lucky Plaza will have it for sale of the shelf.  The bottled ones are good enough, but of course nothing beats my grandma's home-cooked recipe.

Philippine green mangoes won't be as easy to find. But I am sure yesterday was my lucky day.  I found green mangoes at Lucky Plaza.  It costs like gold at SGD 2.50 for a medium-sized one, but I won't complain.  That costs way cheaper that an airfare to Manila. :P

Philippine Green Mangoes and Shrimp Paste
So, cravings solved!  I should be good for the next few weeks, I wish.  And hopefully, I'd chance upon a good green mangoes batch again during our next Lucky Plaza visit. :D



0 Cookie Thoughts: