Thursday, September 22, 2011

Challenge Entry: 365 Cards - Day 205 - Summer Vacation Masculine Style

When I saw the new challenge at 365 Cards to create a Summer Vacation themed card, I knew I have the perfect paper for it.  And when I started working on my card, I couldn't see that it needs anymore embellishment whatsoever.

The paper just captured it all.  Have a look and tell me if I am not correct. :)


I just inked the edges and layered it on a yellow cardstock.  Card base color is grey to make it look like a painting. Which the image somehow depicts.  I stamped in a Hero Arts sentiment with the same ink I used for the edges.  I attached some bling as well.  Who says guy cards can't have a little bling. :)

So there you go.  Thanks for looking! :)

Oh, and also since my card screams CAS with the sentiment as the focal point of the card, I am also entering it into Totally Paper Crafts' Clean and Simples, Truly Scrumptious Challenges' Clean and Simple, and 2 Sisters' Get Sentimental challenges :)

4 Cookie Thoughts:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) Lovely scene and fab sentiment :-)

thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really gorgeous. Love that little pop of yellow against the grey - very classy.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh this makes me want to pull up a beach chair and a beverage! Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

Kim Mc said...

Oh so simply gorgeous, Jenny! Love the CAS-style and what a perfect take on this week's 365 Cards Wednesday challenge! I gotta agree that paper does it all! Thanks so much for playing along and can't wait to see what you do next!
Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT