Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kitchen Adventure: Steamed Pomfret Recipe

I have always been fond of eating fish and other seafood. But my Hubby Cookie isn't such a fan of them.  So, I put it upon myself to learn new recipes that will make him eat fish.

A few days ago, I was really surprised that he actually went up to me and asked me to prepare him some fish for dinner.  It's a first! So I have to really go all out and prepare something really special.  Here is what I came up with...

Wifey Cookie's Steamed Pomfret Recipe


Ingredients
     
     Fresh black pomfret, cleaned
     Ginger slices
     Scallion stalks
     Sesame Oil
     Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
     Salt and Pepper


Procedure


1. Make diagonal slashes on both sides of the fish.
2. Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the fish and set on a shallow dish.
3. Put ginger slices in the slashes of the fish.
4. Pour the soy sauce, vegetable oil, and sesame oil evenly over the fish.
5. Set the dish into a steamer, and steam the fish for about 15-20 minutes until it is cooked through.
6. When cooked, remove the dish from the steamer and garnish with the scallions.
7.  Best served hot with steamed rice.


0 Cookie Thoughts: