Saturday, September 10, 2011

LO Project: 2010 September

As I was surfing through my usual cardmaking and scrapbooking blog roll, I chanced upon this interesting scrapbooking sketch challenge blog Once Upon A... Sketch.

It immediately caught my attention.  I thought, it's been a while that I have been into cardmaking challenges.  It might be a good idea to try to get back on the horse and start making scrap pages again. 

And still inspired by the latest page I finished yesterday, I decided to take the plunge.  Here is my take on their latest sketch challenge.




The journaling reads...

"Today, I wear the white dress.  I am the most beautiful woman in the world.  At the end of the aisle, my handsome prince awaits.

With the words 'I do' we pledge to love each other to the end of our days.  And from this day our journey to forever begins."

A closer look at the details of the page.


Here is the original sketch and the criteria for the September 1st challenge.


SEPTEMBER 1st Challenge

Journalling Criteria : A memorable year - Your title must be a year, and you must journal at least 2 lines on why this year is memorable for you. Examples: the year you got married, the year you graduated, the year you moved to a new house/country, the year you started a new job, the year your child was born, the year you lost someone dear. Your journalling can be in any language and any format (written, typed etc)

 Additional challenges to which I am entering my layout -

11 Cookie Thoughts:

sandi said...

This is just beautiful! So touching! Love the colors, mix, and that gorgeous pic. Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Nicola said...

Beautiful layout with touching words!
Love the flowers and swirls you have used and all the other beautiful details especially the 'September' metal plaque.
Thanks for entering our Flowers and Swirls challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Jill said...

This is just so beautiful!
Great lo with beautiful caolours and gorgeous details

Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week for my Flowers and swirls challenge!
Good luck and I hope to see you again
Hugs, Jill

Bente Fagerberg said...

I loved your beautiful words, and the photograph to go with them. All so so wonderful!
Thanks for sharing at OUAS!

wifeycookie said...

Thank you for the love ladies! :)

majsan said...

Oh, how beutiful and romantic!! Great LO!
Thank you for joining us at CTAFT US CRAZY
Hugs
Maria

Irma said...

love the vibrant colors!
Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

phamil said...

Oh beautiful! You've done a wonderful job with the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

This color combo is really impressive!Beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along at OUAS!!!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

I forgot to tell you that I love the journaling!!!
xoxoxo

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful layout - such exotic colours - thanks for playing at Once Upon a Sketch :)