Saturday, September 24, 2011

Singapore Adventure: Last September Weekend

Today was a really fun day for the Cookies.  A plenty of "firsts" for us... :)

1.  In search of plastic sleeves for my cards, we ventured into the shopping jungle that is Bugis. We've been to the Bugis MRT station several times already. But we have never really visited the popular shopping destination across.  Unfortunately, we didn't find what we came for.  But I got a few tips from my friend Pipay on where I could find the sleeves.  According to her, it should be there in Bugis but in a different area of the shopping complex.  We might give it another shot next weekend.

2.  After Bugis, we headed to Raffles Shopping Centre. There were a lot of people milling around in that area due to the F1 Grand Prix going on this weekend.  But we know where were going so it was easy navigating through the crowd.  Of course, what's Wifey Cookie's favorite shop at Raffles Shopping Centre....?  Paper Market! :) I finally got my VIP Card.  Wanna see...?


While there, I picked up a few new supplies. Some yellow ribbon...  New additions to my stash, the first 2 yellows. :)



A new stamp set from Studio Calico (my first of this brand) and ink pad.  And some Prima flowers.  I've always been fascinated how to incorporate flowers into layouts.  So maybe I'll give that a shot in the challenges coming up this week.




3. We had a late lunch of Mushroom Stroganoff at The Soup Spoon. After lunch, we went for a little stroll and found that the Once Upon a Milkshake booth is already open.  We gave there Chocolate Truffle Milkshake a shot.  It was nice, but not worth the price.  A medium cup costs 5.70SGD. And there really isn't anything special about it.  Probably just the name. :)



4.  After all the shopping, we finally headed off to my godson Dylan's first birthday party.  It was a fun party.   The kids were dressed as super heroes and they were all so adorable.  The magician was quite entertaining as well.  Kids and adults alike had a great time. :)

It was quite a long day, but a really fun one, especially it being spent with my Hubby Cookie, a bit of shopping, and a fun party! :)  A great way of capping off September 2011.

So to all my friends who asked for it.... Wake up! Wake up! September is coming to an end.

0 Cookie Thoughts: