Saturday, November 5, 2011

Challenge Entry: Sketchy Thursdays 11.3

Here is my latest scrap layout, this time with a family photo.

The photo I used is one we took at the Madagascar attraction at Universal Studios Singapore. We took our family there for some recreation when they came over for a short visit in July 2011. :)


Close up on the details of my layout.






I am happy with how my LO turned out.  I tried out a new technique here - distressing.  And I used acetate for the first time.  :)

Here's my layout recipe.

Base: Coredinations
Cardstock: Coredinations
DP: DCWV The Travel Stack (textured), Graphic 45 An ABC Primer Collection Grammar School
Stamps: Inkadinkado Vintage Expressions, tag mounted rubber stamp from a local craft store
Ribbon and Twine: American Crafts, Sew Easy
Punches: EK Success vertical slot punch, Martha Stewart edge punch
Flower and Brad: Prima, Sei
Texts: Heidi Swapp World Traveler (title foam sticker), Making Mermories Charmed Words (metal charm), Mark Richard Crystal Stickers (number)
Chipboard Embellishment: All About Scrapbooking
Acetate: All About Scrapbooking

Here's the original sketch.



I would also like to enter my LO project to Truly Scrumptious - Bingo Challenge.

image

I chose Gems - Flowers - Punch/Die Cuts.

Thanks for dropping by. Leave me some love. :)


It's me,

8 Cookie Thoughts:

mariko said...

Funny LO!!
seems to be very enjoying.
Thanks for playing along with ST!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the photo, the clock and that distressing! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Amanda Johnson said...

Love the distressing and the deep colors! Fabulous layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Anonymous said...

Great Job! I love all the texture and distressing. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays :)
Melissa

Leah said...

that photo is so fun! and I adore your huge title!

Kasia said...

Such a cute page! Love all about it! Really great :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Unknown said...

Loving the circles and the large font title. Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo Heather

Debbie P said...

Fantastic layout! I love it. The colors are so pretty and the photo is soooo fun!