Thursday, March 15, 2012

Challenge Entry: Baby Shower Invitations

I am still very excited about my new TGF stamps. And so, here are some more cards from me using the Mom & Dad set.

Well, there's actually a back story to why I purchased this specific stamp set.  I've got a few dear friends who are on the family way, and I really think they'd appreciate a little help in preparing for a baby shower.  So here's me, putting my hand up! ;)

Here is a Baby Shower Invitation with the Mommy paper doll.



And the matching Baby Shower Invitation with the Daddy paper doll. Daddies need a baby shower, too! ;)


The pretty DPs are from a new Heidi Grace 12x12 paper pack.  The ribbons are from American Crafts.  I coloured the images with my Copics. Shapes cut with the Cricut Expression.

Now a close up on the paper dolls. :)



I hope my projects inspired you today. :)

- o0o -


I am entering these projects into these challenges.
1 - Penny Black and More - Springtime - My third entry
2 - Lexi's Creations - Mother's Day - My second entry
3 - Anything Goes Challenge - Boyz to Men - The second card should fit right in
4 - Totally Paper Crafts - My Favorite Things - After Hubby got me the Cricut Expression, I just can't get enough of doing shaped cards!  It's one of my favourite crafting tools to use these days.
5 - Crafty Catz Weekly - Mothers Day or A Special Lady
6 - Crafty Sentiments Designs - Things with Wings - The DP on card no.1 got some pretty butterflies on it!
7 - Top Tip Tuesday - Mothers Day
TOP TIP ALERT: To add some interest to the usual scallop circle punched out die, I pierced the scallops with a sewing needle.  It's quite simple to do, and it adds that extra something to the usual die cut. :)

8 - Papertake Weekly - One for the Girls... Or Mum
9 - Kaboodle Doodles - Show us some Green
10 - Deep Ocean Challenge - Butterflies - The DP on card no.1 got some pretty butterflies on it!
11 - My Mum's Craft Shop - Mum's the Word
12 - Lia Stampz - Anything Goes + Sentiment
13 - Simon Says Stamps - A Bit O Green


It's me,

24 Cookie Thoughts:

brenda said...

Two more super cards Jenny.

Thanks so much for joining in our Spring theme at Penny Black and More this month and good luck with all those prizes on offer.

B x

Doreen said...

Both cards are just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes this week.xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Jenny your two card are lovey and I really like your tip - even if it is for another challenge - lol. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week.

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely cards and a great tip. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Super cute cards.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Penny black & More @ Allsorts challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Cely said...

So cute! Love how you colored the images. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Lia Stampz!

Lisa Minckler said...

How wonderful to have a father figure on the baby shower invitation too...I really like that! Your cards are great and I do like the needle piercings in the scallop circles. :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips and don't forget our new Caught Our Eye winner post!
Hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Shirley said...

A lovely set of cards. The colours work really swell together and the cute umbrella's give it a lovely springtime feel.
Thank you for entering our challenge at penny Black and More and good luck in our prize draw.

Shirley

NanaConnie said...

Sooo Cute, Jenny! Fantastic dp choices! So nice to see you playing along this time in the challenge at Lexi's. Hope to see you again next week.
NanaConnie DT

Jac’s Playground said...

Great invitations, love your paper choices and the images are fantastic, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Unknown said...

Love these cards, Jenny Jean! Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Scrappy Scatty said...

This is lovely - thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Love Jan
xx

Erum Tasneem said...

These are fabulous!
~Lia Stampz DT

Deneen said...

Great card, lovely for a new mom to be. Thanks for joining the Mother's Day/Buddy Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Sharon Caudle said...

Wonderful card "for the girls"! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Franz♥ said...

Lovely creation Jenny, so funny!

Thanks for sharing it with us at Deep Ocean this forthnight, hugs, Franz.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card love the paper pricking with your sewing machine too! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)


PLEASE turn off word Verification it makes commenting so much easier for DT members thanks!

Anonymous said...

SOrry hunny ignore the word Verification comment I have been having so many on it was Driving me mad and I added it by mistake to yours! SOOOOO sorry!! Just slap me! xx

Trudie said...

Very cute. Thank you for joining us at MMCS xx
Trudiexx

Suzie McFloozy said...

Lovely cards x
Thanks for playing along with us at My mums craft shop challenges this week & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Christine said...

Both are beautiful cards!! I like your tip for piercing the scallops. I will definitely have to try that!
Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Both cards are so super cute! Thank you for the tip too! Thank you for playing at Lia Stampz. Hope to see you again soon!
Hugs,
Georgia
LS DT

Unknown said...

What a wonderful and lovely baby shower card! I simply love the designs and colors. Very cute!

Cheers xxxx
Des
Baby Shower Invitations