Friday, April 6, 2012

Challenge Entry: Priceless Card

I've been in some sort of hiatus for a while. And it's a bit difficult to get the mojo flowing back.  So here's a warm up card.  It's a CAS card and I made it under 30 minutes.



I used a (modified) sketch from Card Patterns.


And I was inspired by these suggested techniques from -

1 - Paper Play Challenges - Shaped Card
2 - Kaboodle Doodles - Anything But a Rectangle
3 - Truly Scrumptious - Use Lace on Your Card
4 - Moxie Fab World - Practical Solutions: The DIY Embellies Challenge
The focal point of my card is the "tag" on the centre.  The oval doily is a die cut I cut out of my Cuttlebug with a MFT Die-namics die.  I punched vertical slots on the short sides of it with my EK Success puncher.  I stamped an image from an Inkadinkado clear stamp set.  Then a slipped a Really Reasonable Ribbon lace through the vertical slots.  I liked how it turned out. :)

Thanks for dropping by today.




It's me,

6 Cookie Thoughts:

Julie M said...

Lovely card Jenny - that paper is gorgeous and really suits the shape you've used. And amazing it took under 30 minutes - success in every way!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Christina said...

Such a sweet CAS card, Jenny! I love that beautiful die cut label, and the shape of the card is so unique. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jenny! Thanks for linking this up to the Paper Scraps Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Ahem... I mean thanks for linking this up to the DIY Embellishments Challenge! :)

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

I wish I could make cards in under 30 mins. :-) Beautiful stamp and die. Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious' lace challenge.

Hugz & Happy Easter,
Sandy

Nicole Mullen said...

Very sweet card, Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!