Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Remembering My Papa

April 29, 2007
Hwa Zhong Xi Temple
This day marks the second death anniversary of my Papa. We lost him to lung cancer early moring of April 29 in 2005. In Chinese Culture, the "end of mourning" entails a ceremony involving the family of the departed and close friends. And this we did for my Papa.
Food of different kinds, especially my Papa's favorites were laid on the altar, incense and paper money burned, and prayers were offered. And most significantly, wearing the red color is part of the ceremony.
Here is a photo of my family at the steps of the columbarium where my Papa's ashes lay.

Two years later and I still miss my Papa. Everyday I think of him. I know deep down that he watches over us, guiding us through in every task and endeavor undertaken. And if he is here to see what we have become, I know he'll be truly happy and proud.

0 Cookie Thoughts: