Sunday, January 8, 2012

Challenge Entry: Love Ya a Latte!

I am getting ready for Valentines! Here's my first lovey-dovey card for 2012!

It is my first time trying to make a "window" card.  Quite tricky cutting the circle window from my Cricut Expression.  Yay for the "centerpoint" function.  :)

Okay, here it goes!


I paper pieced a stamped image from The Pixie Cottage Stamps Love you a Latte Stamp Set by Faith Skrdla.  It's the first time I am using this rubber stamp after winning it at The Pixie Cottage Challenge blog for their Challenge #65. I also tried out the technique (frame of hearts) they featured as a tutorial on their Saturday blog post. :)  I popped up the cinnamon sticks with foam tape to further add dimension to my image.


And here's the "window" shot.


I am entering my card to the following challenges.
1. The Pixie Cottage - Challenge #102 - Sketch

3. Fantabulous Cricut - #92 - Warming Up with Cocoa : Use a cup or chocolate or even the color brown on your project

It's me,

21 Cookie Thoughts:

Margie said...

Great work with the cricut!

Unknown said...

What a great card! Love the window - it came out beautifully! The paper piecing on the stamped image is beautiful, too. Wow!

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, your card is stunning. I love the window and I'm very happy that you like my tutorial, your hearts are so gorgeous. The stamp is coloured very well.
Thank you for playing at The Pixie Cottage this week.
Francy

If you want you can find in my blog a blog candy.

Sherrie K. said...

Your card is awesome Jenny!! Great colors and I love how you added the hearts around the window opening:) Very clever and great project!
Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Great card-- can't wait to try this out--love how it looks. Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

Sarah :)
http://sarahvaitstamps.blogspot.com

brenda said...

Really super work, a geat take on the sketch and perfect for our theme.

Thanks so much for joining in my Paper Piecing theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

Your card would also fit the theme at our sister challenge Penny Black and More

B x

Rochelle said...

Love your take on the sketch, Jenny!! :) Hmm.. I should try making a window card myself.. Looks like it's a lot of fun!

Thank you for posting about my card-making contest! :)

Anonymous said...

This is super gorgeous. Love the idea. Beautiful hearts, latte and polka dots and blue :)

**Treefrog** said...

Love it A LATTE, lol! (sorry I couldn't resist!) Big coffee drinker here so I really like it and love the heart frame! So glad you shared it with us over at QQ!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Rene said...

How cute!! Thank you so much for linking up at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM; the more comments left, the greater your chance of winning!
Good luck!
Rene :D

Fleur said...

A great card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

awesome 1st attempt at the window and that stamp set is my fab too. Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage.

Marjorie said...

This is lovely hun..love what you have done with the sketch..really lovely. Saw this on Make it Monday.
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Melinda Beltran said...

What a pretty card! You did a fantastic job! I love the heart "frame" too! That cup of "latte" looks so inviting! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Quick Quotes!


Melin
QQ DT
Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Awesome creation and great job using the tutorial! I love your paper piecing too. Thanks so much for playing this week at THE PIXIE COTTAGE!

Nicola said...

What a great, fun card! Love the hearts surrounding the aperture and the fab image, perfectly paper pieced!
Thanks for entering our Paper Piecing challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Mary J said...

What fun Jenny, I love this! Thx for linking up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary J x

Linby said...

What a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

Anniebee said...

Too cute! Love the coffee mug and the whipped topping makes it look so yummy! I'm wishing for a caramel macchiato right now!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

What a sweet window card! Love the way you've framed the peek window with hearts too!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Quick Quotes!!!

Lisa Giesbrecht said...

Great card. Love the heart border frame!
~Lisa
QQ DT