Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Philippine Adventure: Day 19 to 22: Final Stretch

Its the final stretch of my 3 week holiday. Tomorrow, I will be flying back to Singapore to face reality again - that is work. Sniff! I am sure going to miss being on vacation.

And I am glad I made time to put together these Philippine Adventure blog entries to keep a journal of my holiday. Something to look back to when I start missing home again.


Okay, here's what happened from Day 19 to 22.




6 January 2008, Sunday

A day of pampering for me and my girls. Yup, we went to the salon - me, my Mama and my sister.
I got a hot oil and had my hair trimmed. I only asked the hairdresser to trim off the ends. I am still enjoying my long hair and so I passed for my once a year hair cut for a short hairstyle. :)
It's my first foot spa experience. ^_^ I wasn't that satisfied with the outcome, but I am happy enough being pampered. :)







7 January 2008, Monday



Since it's down to the last few days of my vacation, I opt to spend them at home, just like how I used to spend my weekends before I went to Singapore.


I missed being a couch potato! Hehehe...


And when the movies on cable TV gets a little too draggy, there's my ever reliable Nintendo DS Lite. I have unlocked most of the stages in the Mariokart DS game I am playing. I just love this game! Hehehe....

My pink Nintendo DS Lite will surely be missed by my siblings. Too bad I can't leave it with them. R4 units are hard to come by in SG and if I leave my NDS unit with them, I might not be able to score a new set with an R4. Sorry, sibs. ;)


8 January 2008, Tuesday



This morning, the crew from Sta. Fe came by to assist in the packing of my personal effects for shipping to Singapore. They arrived at 9:00 am and finished the job by 10:30 am. The packing team is very efficient and did a quick job without compromising careful handling of my belongings.



Hopefully, my things get shipped immediately to arrive in Singapore by Saturday. My shipment contains mostly food stuff, clothing and toiletries - both mine and my Cookie's.


I only had little stuff to ship. And from the 500lbs air shipment allowance, I didn't even fill half of it. But it's just cool. After all, there's just two of us to consume the entire food stuff packed in there. And it is just appalling to see food go to waste.






- o0o -


As I write this blog entry, I am enjoying an 80's Sharon Cuneta movie on Cinema One - Forgive and Forget. And for lunch which is happening in 30 minutes, I will enjoy a steaming bowl of my Mama's Pork Sinigang. ^_^



0 Cookie Thoughts: