Sunday, December 7, 2008

Singapore Adventure: Kinokuniya Shopping Spree

As a friend of the boyfriend unit has come to town for some visiting and shopping, where else to bring him but Orchard Road?


And so while there, I grabbed that chance to scratch my credit card crazy with purchases at Kinokuniya. Well, not all the books are for me. I only bought two for myself and the others are for my cousin Rose.


Book # 1: Stephenie Meyer's Twilight


Oh yes, I am joining the bandwagon. My curiosity has been triggered with all the fuzz about this book. When I was home in the Philippines last September, I have been warned that this book has been selling like hotcakes amongst college girls. But I was not as convinced at that time. When I returned to Singapore weeks later, movie posters for the same book have been splattered at the Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. And so, I am finally giving in.


I've always been a fan of vampire stories. I've seen both movie adaptations of two of Anne Rice's vampire novels. Apart from plenty of other Vampire versus Lycan a.k.a. Werewolf flicks. And this new vampire novel should be interesting for me as well.



Book # 2: Jason F. Wright's The Wednesday Letters

It had an interesting red cover, the font title on the cover is not as catching but match the red front cover perfectly, it is thick enough that will make you believe it has quite a story to tell and best of all, the title itself will just make you think, what do those letters have to reveal?

Aren't we all curious little creatures who'd cringe over peeking into other people's private mails? Well, this is my confession. I am sucker for letters, specifically, love letters. This should give me a dose of my long-lost creative juices for writing letters and poetry. It's been quite a while since I've penned one. Hopefully, reading this book will just give me a jumpstart to find my "muse" again.



The other books are for my cousin. She meant to buy the books when she was here a couple of weeks ago, but I told her to hold it off until she's sure it will not be available at Powerbooks in the Philippines soon. But it seems that the release dates for these books in the Philippines are still indefinite, and so I just purchased them for her, all 4 volumes in the series. My Cookie will just bring them home for her.




1 Cookie Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy The Wednesday Letters and it brings back your muse! Great post!

Speaking of The Wednesday Letters, I work with Jason and thought you’d like knowing he has a new contest on his web site where you can win a free trip-for-two to his hometown in VA, the Shenandoah Valley. All you have to do is mail him a Christmas card! All the details are here:

http://www.jasonfwright.com/triptosvalley.php