Thursday, December 25, 2008

Singapore Adventure: Christmas Macaroons


Christmas is a great time to bring out the great food. Hehehe...

Well, what do you expect me to do, being stuck in SG away from my family on this festive season? So, I waited for the clock to strike 12 working in my little kitchen.

I whipped up my Cookie's favorite leche flan. I used my tried and tested recipe, of course! Once I've perfected a recipe, I don't want to experiment any further. It will just be a big disappointed to see something nice and beautiful totally defaced just for the sake of giving in to curiosity. :p

I also whipped up something new with the help of my latest kitchen toy! Macaroons! ^_^ Oh, my newest kitchen toy? A Cornell Oven Toaster, something I get to claim for my DBS Credit Card Rewards points. It is only an 8 litre toaster oven, but does the work I want it to do. Hehehe..

And so, here is the product of my latest kitchen experiment... my Christmas Macaroons.




Ingredients:

2 100 gram packs of dessicated coconut
4 eggs beaten
1 250 ml can condensed milk
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp lime juice
100 pcs paper cups


Procedures:

1. Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are well-blended.
2. Scoop the coconut batter into paper cups. Don't fill the cups up to the brim, keep it at 3/4 full only as the batter will rise as it baked.
3. Bake for 10-15 minutes just only until the tops are golden brown.
4. Leave to cool before serving.
5. To store, pack in airtight containers and put in the fridge.



0 Cookie Thoughts: