Friday, June 27, 2008

Singapore Adventure: Mama's Birthday Dinner


A common tradition among Tsinoy families in the Philippines is celebrating birthdays with a special serving of pansit.
This is the second year that I am away from home on my Mama's birthday. The only way I can live with the guilt is to give her a call and promise to make it up to her when I get home.
But being far away from home doesn't mean I cannot be part of the celebration. And so for dinner, I also prepared in celebration of my Mama's birthday a special Pancit Bihon ala Princess Cookie. ^_^
What's in my special recipe? Well, the usual, chicken for the meat, the veggies - carrot strips, shredded cabbage, some snowpeas, and for the first time, mushrooms! Yummy!
It turned out tasty, almost close enough to my Mama's cooking. I am quite happy with how it turned out. And the best part of it is having my Cookie to share it with. ;)




0 Cookie Thoughts: