Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Challenge Entry: A Corner Bookmark for Di

Here's a little something I made for my online friend Di.  We've been playing Words With Friends on the iPhone for almost 2 years, and eventually became friends.  Chatting all the time while on the game and emailing each other photos every once in a while.

After being reunited with my passion for paper crafts, I started posting my projects on my Facebook page, and one of my projects caught Di's attention - the corner bookmark.

So, I thought of making for her a special one to mail to her US address.

Here's how my little present for her turned out. I put a little sentiment which is quite fitting for the kind of long distance friendship we have going on. :)



Here's the project recipe.

Cardstock and patterned paper from American Crafts.  Punchers from EK Success.  Sentiment stamp from American Crafts - Sentiments set.  The D chipboard alphabet sticker is from My Mind's Eye - Lush set.



I didn't get to snap a shot of Di's bookmark while actually being a bookmark.  So here is how it's supposed to work.

It sits at the right top corner of the page of the book. 
So instead of  "dog earring" the page, you use your coner bookmark to mark the page.  So neat, right? :)






By the way, I am entering my humble project into these challenges for this week

Thanks for looking! For more of my "anything but a card" projects, see my gallery.



1 Cookie Thoughts:

Suzie McFloozy said...

What a great project - I must try one of these x
Thanks for joining in with us at Papercrafting journey - good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo