Sunday, October 23, 2011

LO Project: Scrapbooking Starter Class @ PaperMarket, The Clementi Mall

Yesterday, I went on a Scrapbooking Starter class at PaperMarket here in Singapore.  Well, I know it's quite odd for me to go on a starter class, but I just wanted to use up my complimentary class voucher which is expiring this month.

Well, it was a bit too basic for me, but I had tons of fun.  I have never scrapped in a group before.  Yesterday was a first for me, and I really enjoyed myself! :)

Our hostess was Grace.  She started off with an introduction to the different kinds of papers used for scrapping - patterend paper, glitter paper, felt paper, vellum, etc.  Then some tips and tricks on how to pick proper photos to scrap.  She also taught us how we can make our own basic flower embellishments with punched out flower dies, a paper piercer, and a brad.  She also showed some techniques like how to use the cutting tool, punchers, and some basic distressing.  They were all worthwhile, especially for beginners.  The two ladies I was in the class with found it really helpful, I think. :)

After the quick intros, we were asked to pick 3 papers to use on our layouts.  Since I brought some of our wedding photos to class, my choices were more on the romantic and lovey-dovey side.


We had 1.5 hours to put everything together with Grace's guidance.   And at the end of the session, this was my finished product.  And I am pleased with how it turned out!


Upon reaching home, I got a bit bothered by the "void" in the upper right area of the layout.  I thought it was quite bare, so I need to put something there.  I also added a ribbon on the tag, and made something up for the "journalling".  So the (ultimate) finished product now looks like this...


Nice.  Very nice. :)

Here's the layout recipe.


Base: Amy Tangerine Stitched Paper
DP: Bazzill Basics Paper - Love Story Collection
Lettering: American Crafts Foam Stickers - Fancy
Rhinestone: Zva Creative



I am thinking of framing it up.  It would be a pity to keep it in an album now, don't you think??

Thank you for looking! Leave me some love.

0 Cookie Thoughts: