Thursday, December 15, 2011

Guest Designer: Sketchy Thursdays - 15 December 2011 - Bear-y Christmas

Can you believe it, we're counting down to the last 10 days before Christmas??  Wow! The days do whiz by when you're having fun! :)

So, I am here again for another Sketchy Thursdays LO post.  This is the third one for my December GDT stint with them.  And I am really enjoyed creating this one.  The sketch is really versatile and I hope you'll have as much fun playing with it as I did! :)

I titled it Bear-y Christmas.  Here it goes...


The photos I used were taken over the weekend at an early Christmas Dinner with some of our dear Cookie friends at The Fullerton Hotel here in Singapore.

Here are some close up shots for  you...


Are you liking the "ribbon Christmas tree"? I thought that is a cool idea and very much fitting for this sketch! I glued green and red ribbons back to back and just went zigzag when applying the strip on my LO.

Here's the title and journalling...



The journalling reads...

"The Fullerton Hotel just has the most adorable Christmas display this year.  The huge tree they have on the lobby entrance is adorned with their signature Teddy Bears!  We just couldn't help but snap some photos of it.  And of course, we had our photo taken with it, too!"

Layout Recipe:

Base, DPs, and Chipboard Accents: Echo Park's Holly Jolly Christmas Collection (12 x12 and Paper pad)
Holly Accents: Annabelle Stamps
Chipboard Letters: American Crafts Thickers - Tinsel, BasicGrey Chip Stickers - Wander
Rhinestones: My Mind's Eye
Ribbons from my stash
All dies are cut with Cricut Expression using Storybook Cartridge

And here's the sketch from Sketchy Thursdays.


~ o0o ~

I would like to enter my LO project to the following challenges.
1. Quick Quotes - Challenge #9 - Christmas Theme
2. Fantabulous Cricut - Challenge Me Monday #90 - Rolling in Ribbon
3. BasicGrey Challenges - Challenge #59 - Anything Goes
4. The Pixie Cottage - Anything Goes Christmas

Thank you for dropping by. Do leave me some holiday love. ;)






It's me,

6 Cookie Thoughts:

Denise said...

Beautiful layout - love all the fabulous detail.
Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week xx

Unknown said...

This Lo is wonderful. I love the Christmas colours that you used on it.
Thanks for playing at the Pixie Cottage this week and good luck.
Francy

Heather said...

A wonderful layout, the design and colours are both stunning, I love all your beautiful details and lovely photograph.

Thanks so much for joining us at Basic Grey challenge
love
xx Heather xx

Glenda said...

Lovely layout! Pretty papers, colors, and great details! Love the ribbon tree! Thanks for sharing with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogpsot.com/

Crafty and Green said...

I love your Layout! It's fantastic! I love the papers & the colors! I love all the detail! Thanks for playing with us at The Pixie Cottage this Week!

Merry Christmas,
Tina

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow gorgeous layout, fab pictures and finishes, thanks for sharing with us at Basic Grey, hugs Liz xx