Thursday, December 29, 2011

Singapore Adventure: Cookie Year 2011 in Paper Crafts

2011 marks my rekindling my passion for paper crafting.  So despite of a very slow year for me career-wise, I feel that I am still blessed that I had a great year nurturing my creative side.  It maybe cliche but it still holds true, you do need to slow down every once in a while to appreciate the simple things that life has to offers. :)

JULY: My First Cardmaking Challenge


I am more of a scrapper.  One day I had an epiphany, why not try card making, and since then I have been  totally hooked to this kind of paper crafting.

I joined my first cardmaking challenge in July at the CPS Challenge blog.  Here is my very first challenge card. :)


I think I did a good job for a newbie cardmaker with this card.  And I also think, I have improved much from this first card, too. I hope you agree. :)

AUGUST: My First Cardmaking Challenge Feature

I will not forget how happy I was finding out that my card was featured in the spotlight at the 365 Cards Challenge blog. It was this card.



SEPTEMBER: A Gift of Cricut Expression



For our first wedding anniversary in September, Hubby Cookie (secretly) got me the Provo Craft Cricut Expression.  I was really surprised to receive it as I was not really expecting it.  And since September, I enjoy every bit of working with my Cricut Expression.  I am now in possession of 6 fabulous cartridges.  I have not mastered them all yet.  But here is a His and Hers new baby card project I did using the Stretch Your Imagination cart, with Peachy Keen face stamps, and some colouring using Copic Markers.

Baby Boy Card
Baby Girl Card



OCTOBER: Crazy over Copic Markers

During this "time-off", I have acquired some self-taught crafting skills through fantastic paper crafting blogs I come across on a daily basis. The one I am most proud of would be my new gained knowledge of Copic Markers.  I can say I somehow understand how to use them.  I have not mastered the techniques on how to maximize its use, but I hope to get there someday.  I bought my first few markers in October.

Also in October, I was able to attend a Scrapbooking Starter Class at PaperMarket.  Well, modesty aside, I don't really need it as I am not one to be considered as a newbie.  But I have this class voucher from them, and I am just really curious what usually goes on in paper crafting classes.  And it was really worthwhile and an enjoyable experience!  Here is the scrap page I came up with during the class.  It's been a while since I did 12"x12", so this one is really memorable for me! :)


NOVEMBER: Me as a Guest Designer


A few months into my new craft addiction, I have made lots of blog friends, participated in a hundred different challenges, made over a hundred of cards, won a few challenges and received crafting goodies along the way.

I was even invited to be a guest designer on some challenge blogs. :)

One for the Lads Challenge for Lexi's Creations
For Men Challenge for Lia Stampz
I also sent an entry for Sketchy Thursdays' December Guest Designer.  My LO got picked as one of the Top 5.  A poll ensued, and guess who came out victorious - Wifey Cookie! Here was my LO, one of my personal faves! :)

Thankful Moments for Sketchy Thursdays
I also made it to a Card making blog Design Teams - Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges.  And I love my team on CCCC.  They inspire me to try out new techniques. :)  Just look at this wonderful shutter card, it's the very first one I made!  Yay ME! :)

Tri-fold Shutter Card for the CYP Holiday Havoc Blog Hop

We are currently on our second challenge at CCCC. The third one comes out on Friday. :)


DECEMBER: Holiday Projects Galore


Christmas is my favourite season of the year.  And boy did I make tons of holiday projects!

This is my first altered item project - a 2012 Diary.




I also did some act of charity alongside my crafting.  I sent this card set I made to Hubby Cookie's office to be auctioned off for their charity day. It raised only 17 SGD, but still it's 17 SGD for charity, can't complain there! And at least, somebody is willing to pay at least 17 SGD for my art. :)

Set of 5 - Christmas Cards

And my favourite Christmas project... erase that, my favourite project of 2011, is this vintage Christmas tag using Christmas DPs from Echo Park's Season's Greetings collection.


My Christmas tag got featured in a few challenge blogs, too. :)

And as I mentioned, this is my favourite project for the year, and I am submitting it to CWC's Challenge # 66 - Year in Review

~ o0o ~

That was my 2011 in Paper Crafts.  Looking back at all the projects, I am quite pleased with myself. Hehehe... I did accomplish something for this year after all!  

For 2012, I will be once again back on the rat race, but I am still hopeful I can continue on with my paper crafting...

Have a prosperous new year everybody! :)

It's me,

2 Cookie Thoughts:

Heather May Holbrook said...

Beautiful projects, so many accomplishments in such a short time- congratulations! Thanks for sharing your favorite project of 2011 with us at Cooking with Cricut.
Heather :)

Jen said...

Awesome projects, Jenny! I love the beautiful tag as well as your other projects. Thanks for linking up your favorite 2011 project at Cooking With Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team