Friday, April 22, 2011

LO Project: Paper Pieced Sofa

Here's another paper piecing project I worked on recently - a sofa.  It can be used for a "New Home" card, or as an embellishment on a scrapbook page.

1 - It starts off as a sketch which I grabbed from a crafting magazine.  I printed out 2 copies of the image on a white cardstock which will become my templates.  I prefer printing them out on cardstock so I can store and reuse them in other projects later on.

2 - Cut out the essential components from the printed out image.  For this project, I just need the body of the sofa, one circle, and one rectangle with the rounded corners. 
  


3 - Trace the template cutouts on the back of a patterned paper. For this project, I used a page from Prima's Reflections Paper Stack set. Trace out two circles and three of the rectangles. Cut out the pieces.  Ink the edges of each piece.



4 - Put the cut out parts together as in the original sketch.  I used foam tape to adhere the pieces to the sofa body to achieve a 3-D effect.

Presenting, the finished product! :)



 
Acknowledgment:
     Sofa sketch from the Paper Crafts Inspiration magazine February 2011 issue

0 Cookie Thoughts: