Thursday, April 7, 2011

Singapore Adventure: MasterChef Cookie

Just when I thought all the birthday air has cleared after March, there is still room for one last birthday surprise from my Hubby Cookie after all. :)

Hubby Cookie knows how much of a fan I am of Gordon Ramsay and the show MasterChef.  So, he got me this...


MasterChef Cookbook
The Contestants and Judges of MasterChef and JoAnn Cianciulli


What a great finale to a fabulous series of birthday surprises! :)

I haven't started reading the book yet, but I have done a bit of peeking inside.  There are pages of photos from the MasterChef US show.  The recipes cooked up by the contestants can also be found inside grouped in chapters under Breakfast, Soups, Salads & Starters, Pasta, Poultry, Seafood, Meat, and Desserts.  I also saw pages on basic cooking techniques like chopping an onion (which was done as a challenge on the show's first few episodes), filleting salmon (which could have been helpful to Sharone Hakman during the wedding party episode), and poaching an egg (which show winner Whitney Miller did fantastically in one episode). 

At this point, I am so psyched to see if I can try one of the recipes in the book.  I'd probably give the pasta recipes a go.  Will post my attempts here so keep posted. :)


1 Cookie Thoughts:

yen said...

lord, di naman self serving to? knowing jj will be using this cookbook to create delish treats for you?! hehehe.