Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Singapore Adventure: Another Round

After completing my Erythromycin antibiotic cycle, I am again doing another course of meds.  It seems that the first set didn't really get to the core of my phlegm issue.  And so now I say hello to Fedac Tablet and Fluimucil.


When I went to see the doctor the first time, I told him about the pain in my ears when I swallow.  He had a look but dismissed it saying that there was nothing wrong with my ears.  Yesterday, when I went to see the doctor at our old place in Woodlands to have a medical exam done for my Visit Pass application, I also consulted him about the "swallowing pain".  He had a look in my ears, and said I had mucus in my ears.  So there, another round of meds for me to take over the course of 1.5 weeks.

Well, I don't think this round has antibiotics.  Both meds are just for managing phlegm.  The Fedac Tablets I need to take 3 times a day.  And it makes me really drowsy.  The Fluimucil effervescent tab needs to be dissolved in a glass of water and taken in the morning.  And boy, that is one gruelling drink of water for me.  The tab about the size of a one Singapore dollar coin fizzes when it hits the water.  It tastes like bland soda water.  Eww... 

But then again if this is supposed to get me better, I'll take them diligently.  Hopefully this time we'll finally get rid of the nasty phlegm.

0 Cookie Thoughts: